Saturday, August 23, 2014

Zoya Payton and Zoya Storm: Reviews and Swatches

Here are two of my all-time favorite dark polishes: Zoya Storm and Zoya Payton. They're both holographic from Holiday collections, but Payton is from the 2013 Zenith Collection, and Storm is from the 2012 Ornate Collection. I love both of these to pieces, so let me get on with the swatches and reviews:
Zoya Storm, outdoors in sunlight
Zoya Payton, outdoors in sunlight


First up is Storm. She's described as "a full coverage, holiday black with a high concentration of micro fine diamond holographic glitter." Accurate. Dead accurate. The rainbow of colors really comes out beautifully in Storm; my guess is because there's nothing to compete with it? In low lighting, the holo looks white, which just gives the black a bit of dimension.
Zoya Storm, indoor in natural light
Zoya Storm, outdoor in shade
























I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this polish. It's so, so much. I have the matte velvet, Dovmita, which is cool, and looks like leather on your nails, but there is nothing that compares to Storm. Storm catches the light at times and just shines and shines, but doesn't take away from your favorite LBD. I just... love the heck out of this polish. It's one of my favorite in my stash, and I go back to it quite often. I even have worn it in the Spring and Summer, when I feel a little dark. Because, you know, you can with a quality black polish. You can go punk or goth, and the sparkles say "I don't care if I'm supposed to be emo, I can still taste the rainbow!"
Zoya Storm, indoors in artificial lighting
Zoya Sorm, flash



Well, maybe only I think they can, but I stand by my statement. Somewhat.

Storm is available on zoya.com for $9. Seriously, go buy it. You won't be sorry.

Payton is another amazing polish by Zoya. It's sort of like Blaze, Storm, and Aurora had a menage a trois, and Payton was their love child. Zoya describes her as "a full-coverage, galactic cranberry with holographic glitter." My description is so much more fun than theirs, but cranberry is pretty apt.
Zoya Payton, indoors in natural lighting
Zoya Payton, outdoors in shade


Payton is much darker on than Blaze. Like all the holos, I could get away with only one coat, but it was much deeper in tone, that I almost went with two. I have a heavy hand, though, so those of you who don't may want to use two coats. Or, if you're my mother, three. Otherwise, you might streak this a bit. Payton could be a bit finicky if you aren't careful. But, boy, her high maintenance streak is totally worth it if it does come out for you.
Zoya Payton, indoors in artificial lighting
Zoya Payton, flash


Here's a bonus shot of Payton, in low sunlight. It's just not as rainbow-y as I wanted, but it really captures how lovely she looks in all levels of outdoor light. Thought you might appreciate it, so I included it.
Zoya Payton in low sunlight
Zoya Payton is available at zoya.com for $9. Go. Buy her. You won't be sorry.

I adore these two polishes. They're so darn pretty. They shine. They sparkle. They aren't too in-your-face that you can't wear them any time. Just... buy them.  You really won't regret it.

'Til next time, which will be very soon (again),
Emily, the Manic Paintress

No comments:

Post a Comment